Our favourite Japanese restaurant Hayashi has just closed because the chef needed a break. One of its signature dish is burger steak. Its sauce just tasted super good. We miss it so much, so I tried to replicate the sauce. Although this is not 100% the same as hayashi’s, I think it’s already quite good. 😋
Here is the recipe for the sauce for 2 burger steaks:
- Half a small tomato, chopped
- Half a small onion, chopped finely
- Red wine, 1 to 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp
- Ketchup, 2 tbsp
- Honey, 2 tsp
- Mustard sauce, 1 tsp
- Pan sear your burger.
- In another pan, stir fry tomatoes and onion until onion is soft.
- Add red wine and heat until it boils. Add everything else in.
- When the burger is almost done, add it into the sauce and make sure it is coated with sauce.
Hope you like my recipe. If you tried it, please share with me in the comments 😉